Monday, April 10, 2006

The first trip...

Seriously... Is it really April 10th, 2006?
I would sure like to know where the time is going and who is in charge of it. I have a few complaints.

April 15th will mark my 6th year anniversary to my ever loved hubby. Not only does it mark that wonderful day its marks a huge page in my book that seems to be coming faster and faster each year.

You see, on April 3rd 2000 I went to see my OB/GYN in hopes of talking about family planning. Knowing my wedding was around the corner and that we had been active for about 9 months and nothing had happened I was curious as to why and if I could get pregnant. We wanted kids right away.
My GYN Laughed... Your only 18 he said. I didn't know age mattered so much if you had it together but apparently it did.
After much hesitation the Dr gave in and ran a battery of tests, I was told what I had already known. " You have PCOS " was a commonly heard thing in my life at that time and I wasnt happy about it. What did it mean and what was I to do?
His remedy for us was to simply try a year and see what happens... LMAO Simply? Who's idea was that? Nothing came simple.

From that day on we had no idea of what highway to take and which exits we would be needing... That was our first trip in our journey of TTC #1

Join me next time for the fast lane to the next stop
Until then - Happy Healthy Thoughts!

Destin