Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Who's that girl?

Hi there! I'm the Crazy Girl and this is my formal introduction. I was asked to be a contributor by Two Week Wait. I'd like to introduce myself and tell you my story. I'm a 26 almost 27 woman from the Lightning Capital of the World (Florida). I have been facing reproductive issues since I was 15, that is when I was diagnosed with Ovarian Cysts. I almost immediately began to gain weight though my active lifestyle and eating habits had not changed. I spent the next 6 years going from doctor to doctor trying to figure out why this was happening. They determined that I was not a diabetic nor did I have a thyroid issue. But, no one had answers. I was just told to cut out the soda (I'm sure a lot of you can understand the frustration of that answer).

I finally found an article about PCOS in a Women's Day Magazine. I was floored. Everything the article discussed was me. I immediately made an appointment with my GYN. Article in hand they decided to send me to an RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist). I walked into this doctors office, he spent 2 hours with me and over the last couple years has helped me figure out exactly what my body is doing. I have been officially diagnosed with PCOS, Endometriosis, and Uterine problems.

Like Two Week Wait, I am a woman facing major infertility issues. There is one main difference between Two Week Wait and myself. While she is actively trying to conceive, I am not. I am actively trying to become healthy enough to conceive. My input here will consist of information regarding PCOS, Endometriosis and Adapting to a Healthy Lifestyle. Until my doctor and I feel that it is safe to begin conception, my husband and I will not walk down that road. We already know that he has strong swimmers, but I have several things waging war against my body. PCOS, Endometriosis and an interesting situation with my uterus, but that's a story for another day.

We would love to hear from you and get your input... Let us know!