Tuesday, March 21, 2006

CD19 3DPO

Last night I finally got a call from my doctor... We talked for about 20 minutes which is like an office visit for free. Heck, after how long I waited I deserve it!

He consulted with a doctor from the Infertility Clinic that I may go to this Friday. The Infertility Clinic doctor, Dr. G, said that my current OB/GYN, Dr. B, has been doing exactly what he would do. Dr. B was very flattered that Dr. G said that as he is renowned for his Infertility treatments in our area and the US.

I have totally perplexed Dr. B as to why I can not conceive a second child on my own when I was able to do it naturally with my daughter. Heck, I am as perplexed as well. It's like I am beginning to hate my body because it's not doing what it is supposed to do. I mean you get women who conceive naturally and totally take it for granted, which I am guilty of. You have girls/young women who get pregnant and use abortion as a form of birth control. (Farthest I will go on this topic) You have girls/young women popping them out when they are living on government assistance with no stopping in sight... But here you have me, like many other women who are financially capable of caring for a child with food, clothes and a roof over it's head. I have two empty rooms waiting for my next unborn children. I am going to take baby steps and hope and pray that God will bless me with one more child. Then move on from there.

At this point with Dr. B he wants me to wait out this current cycle and call the office when AF comes again... I will be going on Clomid, yet again. I pray for the day I don't have to take those pills anymore. I am sick of my hair falling out and being so moody about everything! I flip at the drop of a hat... It's a wonder why any woman gets pregnant on that stuff! I have had to work very hard to not let the medicine control my moods. After being on it for a year, I would say I have been doing pretty, darn good!

We will add in one more blood test, making it a minimum of three lab draws a month. So on average, I will be having 3-5 lab draws a month. How exciting?! When I get older I am going to have to have labs drawn from my flipping feet to get a good vein. With this newest lab he's going to see if I am over stimulating to the medicine, and if I am I will have to take a 3 month break, which would kill me, but would be long overdue to bring my hormones back in check. Either that or take progesterone to calm it all down. It amazes me how certain meds make things "happen".

If that lab comes back ok or negative we will discuss doing ovarian drilling in May. While some may be stand offish about having surgery, I am not. I have to do what I have to do... I have been under the knife plenty of times so this would be nothing new to me. Here's a surgical video of ovarian drilling.

My doctor also wants me to work on my weight loss... Which is perfectly fine with me. I work out three days a week, eat healthy, but just have been stuck. He realizes that and I told him I have been due diligent about my efforts and he appreciates that. I may have to see an endocrinologist if things do not start going down, again.

::TWW::