Saturday, June 24, 2006

It's been a long time...

It's been a really rough few months. I've been laying low. Sleeping a lot to try and escape the pain I've been feeling. You see, I've been feeling this dull aching pain in my pelvic area for about 9 years. Yes, 9 years. When my cycle came it would always escalate, and I was used to that. With all of the issues that my reproductive friends down there have, I just knew it was how I always felt and became used to it. I'd go to doctors about it and I was always given the brush off by them. You're overweight, you're too young, yadda yadda. I heard the same thing over and over. Finally, I found a doctor who believed me. But, you see, I never really mentioned the whole pain thing because I never saw him during that time of the month. I was always used to it every other day.

Well, these last few months, have been awful. Finally, I was in so much pain I went to my doctor after threatening to rip out my baby maker myself. My mother talked me down from the experience and I made an appointment with Dr. T. Exams are the worst thing I've ever had to endure my entire life. Because of my first one, I've been petrified of them ever since. This one was no different. Tears streaming down my face, Dr. T. Scheduled a Saline Infusion Sonogram a couple days later for me. I had to tell him that intercourse with my husband has become so painful I kept pushing him away. I had to tell him that sitting down for long periods of time was unbearably uncomfortable and it took me hours to fall asleep at night.

So, Monday rolls around and my husband goes with me even though they told me that I wouldn't need someone to drive me home. Well, knowing my body, I knew that would not be the case. It happened to be the most painful procedure I have had done in recent years. Mild cramping my ass! Well, Dr. T. Knew it once he saw the grapefruit sized fibroid tumor in my uterus. He also found about 7 more not as big, but explained that this is part of what was causing my intense pain. Then SURGERY comes out of his mouth. I never expected to need surgery. I just thought that he was going to tell me that he found some more ovarian cysts and that was my problem and always had been.

After this information, I began to go through all the scenarios that we might discuss at my follow-up appointment a few days later. My husband has learned more about the reproductive organs than I think he ever anticipated. :) When we met with Dr. T, a few days later he went over everything he was going to do to me...

1. Laparoscopy
2. Hysteroscopy
3. Polypectomy
4. Ovarian Drilling
5. D&C

Please read at your own interest. But, after speaking with Dr. T. he really eased my mind on everything. Even said that this will increase our chances of getting pregnant naturally. I will take that for what it is worth and leave the rest up to prayer. My surgery is scheduled for Tuesday July 18. I'll be down for a couple weeks then hopefully be back to normal. Then, the hubby and I officially start to TTC.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. TSB said...

Just found your blog tonight..sorry you are having to go through this..its very painful. Good luck with all your procedures and the future.

9:14 PM  
Blogger TwoWeekWait said...

Crazy-- I have been worried about you!! Looks like you have been very busy medically. Please take care and keep in touch. You are in my prayers.

TWW

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home