Sunday, May 14, 2006

CD 16 - IUI

Well today is Mother's Day... I woke up and prepared to go to the doctor after a rough night. I could hardly sleep as the anxiety of having another IUI loomed over me. Would it be painful? Will it work? Can the dreams I have been having ever come true? Will my cervix cooperate? Will they have to use a tenaculum?

I take a shower and wash all of my what-ifs away down the drain. I get ready to leave and drop off my daughter at her Aunt and Uncles and I make the near hour trip to the doctor's office.

My husband calls me on his way home after leaving his specimen. He said that I have an hour to get there so take my time and try to relax. I knew that his experience had to be better than the prior experiences he has had. At the Clinic there are two private rooms with beds and a private bathroom and reading material with pictures to aid in the process. My poor husband has had to collect in very sterile exam rooms with nothing but diagrams to excite him or in a bathroom stall with another man in the stall next to him having the "runs". So I asked him how it went? And he replies in the cup. I then said did everything come out ok? And he just laughed. It seemed like he was more relaxed which is very helpful.

I get to the Clinic and arrive to the Fertility Suite and I check in. I am called back and the girl asks if I need to empty my bladder? Up until that point I did not have to, but then the urge hit me. So I said ok. Normally when I have IUI's I get terribly gassy with my nervousness. So I knew that I had to but couldn't. I get back into my room and the urge is there. So I give into it... I am praying at this point that the doctor doesn't come into the room and passes out. I take two magazines and start fanning as fast as I can. All is good on the homefront. Now I am sitting on the table naked from the waist down waiting and waiting and waiting some more. Urge comes again, but at this point I hold back as I know I have been in there for awhile and knowingly if I did he'd walk right in. And I was right! He came in seconds later.

The doctor walked in my room with scrubs on... He comes up to me with my chart and asks that I verify the specimen information my hubby left earlier. He told me his count after the "wash" and we had 11 million sperm!!! I have a one in eleven million chance of getting pregnant by his sperm and a one in four chance with my eggs. Odds seem to be in our favor. I sign the paper and we proceed with the procedure.

Within mintues this guy whom I have never met had his head inbetween my legs... It was kind of awkward in the sense that things like that normally do not happen. I mean I don't think he shook my hand! But anyways... He begins to put the speculum in and it's too short, as usual. He has to put the big one in as my cervix is "long". I then ask him if he has to use the tenaculum if he could put lidocane on the area as it hurts like holy hell. He said normally we do not have to use them, and with it being a Sunday I would have a hard time getting the meds that are locked up. I prayed. He then said to me I think you jinxed yourself about needing the tenaculum... Here I am thinking oh great. Just then he said do you feel that? I said yes. I felt a stinging sensation. The doctor said that we are all done. Here I am thinking to myself this has been the easiest IUI I have ever had! It was virtually painless. I am very thankful.

Doc told me to lay there for 10 minutes and when my time was up I could get dressed and leave. I asked if I would have to be on pelvic rest and he said absolutley not! AMEN! I can still have sex! I'd go nuts going without for two weeks. He said we promote intercourse! And for good measure do it again tonight! Whoo-hoo!

It's now a few hours after my insemination and I am a bit sore but feeling optimistic.


11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY Melissa -- babydust and sticky vibes to ya!

10:54 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

nike air max, jordan shoes, gucci handbags, prada outlet, louis vuitton outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet online, tiffany jewelry, kate spade outlet, air max, longchamp outlet, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses wholesale, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, nike free run, oakley sunglasses, replica watches, burberry pas cher, prada handbags, cheap oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin uk, nike roshe, tory burch outlet, nike outlet, longchamp outlet, christian louboutin shoes, louboutin pas cher, chanel handbags, polo outlet, christian louboutin outlet, ray ban sunglasses, ugg boots, ugg boots, longchamp pas cher, oakley sunglasses, jordan pas cher, sac longchamp pas cher, michael kors pas cher, polo ralph lauren, christian louboutin, nike free, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, replica watches, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, uggs on sale

9:02 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

michael kors, michael kors outlet online, ralph lauren uk, true religion outlet, nike air max uk, mulberry uk, true religion outlet, burberry outlet, michael kors outlet, sac hermes, coach outlet, coach outlet store online, coach purses, vans pas cher, north face, michael kors, abercrombie and fitch uk, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet online, timberland pas cher, true religion jeans, nike roshe run uk, uggs outlet, replica handbags, hollister pas cher, guess pas cher, ray ban uk, michael kors outlet online, nike air force, nike free uk, hogan outlet, polo lacoste, nike air max, kate spade, lululemon canada, new balance, michael kors outlet, true religion outlet, north face uk, oakley pas cher, uggs outlet, nike blazer pas cher, sac vanessa bruno, burberry handbags, nike tn, converse pas cher, michael kors outlet online, nike air max uk

9:05 PM  
Anonymous bazarmarket said...

Dieser Artikel war großartig und ich empfehle Ihnen, ihn sich anzusehen
haribo chamallows

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Rashid Mohamed said...

التسويق بالمحتوى

9:11 PM  
Anonymous sat said...

مكاتب ابتعاث للخارج

10:20 AM  
Anonymous sat said...

https://www.sat-edu.com/about-us

10:21 AM  
Blogger شركة العيسى العالمية للسيارات هي وكيل معتمد لشركة إيسوزو موتورز في المملكة العربية السعودية. said...

انواع شاحنات ايسوزو

9:22 PM  
Blogger uihuiniom' said...

مركز تعليمي فى عين خالد

6:41 AM  
Blogger uihuiniom' said...

khasab tours from dubai

8:56 AM  
Blogger world blogs said...

woman aprons

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home