Sunday, July 23, 2006

I cry, again...

My vicious cycle is starting, yet again... This doesn't get any easier. The days, weeks, months, years that pass rip through me like a tidal wave washing away all of my emotions rendering me numb. Just when I think that we caught an emotional and spiritual miracle my wings are clipped and I quickly hit the ground with no parachute. I rub my abdomen thinking sorry baby... it just wasn't the right time. Here I would have been honored with the timing as your due date would have been a very important day to me, April 1st. But I can't plan the future. I only hold my (our) destiny in today.

I have begun to question my faith... Are my prayers not good enough? I have sinned just like the next person. I have repented for those sins and have been forgiven, or at least so I think I have been. Not being able to conceive again has really given me every sense of the word doubt. With each and every passing cycle, I feel like I am dying a slow and painful death of suffering.

I feel terrible that my daughter at this point will be the only sibling in our small little family. I knew that I didn't want a small family. I want her to have a support group with other siblings. One day her father and I will be old and eventually pass on to the heavens or hells of this earth. I do not want her to be alone. I want her to have other arms to embrace. I do not want her to be the only one to decide to pull the plug on life support or what casket we should be buried in. I don't want her to pack away her childhood memories when our house is empty. To me it'd just be cruel... I scream to my body saying why don't you work the way you are supposed to?!

I may just need to suck it up that I will never again be able to appreciate the morning sickness, swollen ankles, and countless hours of labor ever again. I miss being pregnant so bad. I regret never taking a picture of myself while pregnant with my daughter as I was too worried that I looked like a beached whale. I was ashamed of my appearance; unappreciative of what I was carrying in my uterus. I took for granted with every sense of the word that I held a child. That I could carry her to full term. That I didn't have problems. And now I feel as if I will never have the glow again.... I read my pregnancy journal I had with my daughter and I regret I didn't keep the book more up to date and never made the time to write my emotional and physical experiences. I just look back on those glorious nine months and I kick myself in my own preverbal ass for taking everything for granted. And now that I am literally on my hands and knees or back begging to have this all happen to me again I am paying the ultimate price... Rubbing an empty uterus, crying myself to sleep and praying that I too may be granted another miracle.

I have begun to wonder what I did so badly to deserve this pain and agony...

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so very sorry....my prayers are with you. It must be so difficult.

11:41 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

You've done nothing to deserve this... God doesn't work that way. Keep your eyes on Jesus... His ways are perfect and He does have a plan for your life.

"I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29: 11-13.

We've lost our last three pregnancies. I have two healthy children, but the loses were sooo draining, painful, and at times a real test to my faith. Eventually the pain brought me to a new relationship with Jesus Christ. I've handed my life over to Him in a way I didn't know how to do before. With this I've finally found peace.

God bless

11:10 AM  
Blogger TwoWeekWait said...

Dawn-- Thank you. It's not easy, but somehow I manage.

Wendy-- I cried when I read your comment. Thank you kindly, for lifting my spirits. You are an angel. God bless you as well.

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get from what I read that you're feeling like a failure, or something. If Em is an only child, that is just fine. Many only children enjoy life that way. It sounds as though you payed a lot of attention to your pregnancy; certainly more than I did. You've done nothing wrong. If you are beating yourself up, try to ease up, k?
You're such a wonderful, fun person and an absolutely fantastic mom!

4:59 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

My wife and I went through the same thing last year--I found out when I was about to step into a job interview.

Keep your chin up. That's the best advice I can give you. God doesn't work on our schedules.

Be thankful for the beautiful child you have. We've got a wonderful little boy...

And by the grace of God, we're expecting another one in December. Don't lose faith!

4:08 PM  
Blogger Gregory Stewart said...

TWW,

My heartaches for you once again. I will keep you in my thoughts for the joy and family you wish to have--be well....

gksden

3:30 AM  
Blogger Rosemary said...

Oh, how familiar this all sounds ... almost as if it were yesterday, instead of almost 40 years ago! The terrible depression each month, the envy each time a friend would get pregnant, and then, finally the absolute glory of it all, nine months of pure bliss!! I never had that wonderful time again, but I'll admit I did enjoy it while it lasted, and I did get pictures of my huge belly.

I’d like to invite you to join our family friendly BLOG VILLAGE TopList. We have over 125 members, and we’re striving for a diverse group of blogs. I think your blog would be a great addition.

You can find out more about it at the Blog Village blog.

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't speak about faith, because I am non-religious... but I do understand the anger, disappointment and frustration that accompanies infertility.

My husband and I tried for almost 4 years to have a baby and have recently given up... or rather resigned to leave it alone and if it happens, it happens.

I couldn't handle it anymore, month after month and the mounting pressure and disappointment that followed.

My heart goes out to you.

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my thoughts and feelings go out to you, even a male feels for a lady at this time, it is something that we can never fully appreciate, but please believe me when I say that guys hurt as well.

In your down times, please don't leave Dad out of the grieving and sorrow, because in his own way he will be gutted

Hugz

8:15 PM  
Blogger TwoWeekWait said...

Jane-- Thank you sweetie!

Ben-- Thank you for your comment and congrats on youro two bundles of joy!

Atlantia-- You are so right. I am slowly learning to be patient.

GKS-- Thank you.

Dirty-- Your understanding is so much appreciated. It assures me I am not alone.

Briegh-- You are a very sweet person. Thank you.

Kiwi-- You are very right. I totally support my husband and his feelings. I would say he keeps all of his feelings inside. Thank you for swinging by. Your comment is much appreciated.

Barney-- Thank you kindly!

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've got one child. Get over yourself.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I really do feel for you. I had a baby 4 months ago and I know it would be so hard if I had a hard time having a second baby. I hope for the best for you!

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just keep on praying. Sometimes we're just tested but it doesn't mean that God doesn't hear our prayers. Also, God has His purpose for each and everyone of us. So don't lose faith. I'll be praying for you.

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it schools that offer hospitality in hotel management courses hot tub lid covers+wholesale

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home