Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Never give up

I thought giving up on this site, but I did some research and noticed readers still come here. I was honestly shocked. I couldn't believe it, it has been so long since I have dedicated any time to TwoWeekWait. With me seeing there are interested parties it gives me motivation to help others. I thank you. I tried to be very diligent with my writing and I became so engulfed in life I almost let TWW slip away.

I am going to work on writing at least twice a month to start off with. I will begin the first and third Wednesday every month starting, today, August 1st.

I will preface the remainder of this post saying I recently had a child while undergoing fertility treatments.

I conceived my second child while going through infertility treatments. We did not have to go through the serious infertility treatments costing us tens of thousands of dollars. We were persistent that we wanted to keep our cost low. I personally did not want to become "baby broke". I already knew having a child was very expensive, but I didn't want to suffer much debt to achieve a dream of having a larger family. I enrolled in my Flexible Spending Account (FSA) where I work and set aside a set dollar amount for IUI's. I figured I could pay for any prescriptions out of our pocket. I knew how many IUI's I could have with the money I was putting away, so for 2 years that is what I did. In the long run it worked.

We went through a lot in our relationship as most infertile couples do. The stresses mount on top of each other and pretty soon your decisions become clouted and you almost forget who you are and what you are there for. I always tried to stay grounded while caught up in obsessing over having a child. I would try to keep it under wraps and try not to let it show, but inside my mind was racing. Once I "let go" and let it be in the doctors hands for tests and let everything be in gods "assisted" hands I was fine and low and behold, we got pregnant.

My husband and I are strong we managed to get through fertility hardships and our marriage has grown to another level.

I felt plagued being labeled with infertility, but now, I was blessed. We were blessed to go through such hardships to realize what the true meaning of life is. Appreciate it. Appreciate your children. Cherish every moment.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to have found this incredible blog!

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home